What personal information we collect
Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you: name; residential or business address; email address; post code; gender; age and date of birth; signature; telephone number and other relevant or necessary order information.
We may also collect information from you that does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- Your shopping preferences and a list of products you have purchased, including shopping history, product types, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you;
- Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- If you are a member of our loyalty program, your membership number, transaction history, account preferences, and reward redemption history;
Secure Checkout: We do not collect or store your payment details or credit card details if you elect online credit card payment. Payment accounts and credit card details are stored, encrypted or passed directly to the Bank via our secure payment processing system with Stripe, PAYPAL or AFTERPAY.
Purpose of collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of being able to sell and promote our products to you and to fulfil any orders placed through the site (including but not limited to; processing your payment information, invoicing, arranging for shipping, and provide you with customer service following these orders).
We also collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you and provide information that you may have requested;
- Add you to our mailing list and send you relevant marketing material which might interest you. We do not disclose your details to any third-party mailing lists;
- Interact with you via social media and digital media;
- Determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to allow us to adapt to the needs and interests of our customers;
- If you are a loyalty program member, to service your loyalty account, fulfil redemptions, and to provide rewards and special offers to you in accordance with the terms of our loyalty program;
- Improve the website experience of our visitors and identify usage trends so we can understand which part of our services are of most interest to our customers;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including any directions given by regulators or authorities;
- Data analysis for product and service development;
- Quality control and research to improve our internal processes and ensure they function as intended and that we comply with regulatory requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring.
What happens if we are unable to collect your personal information?
Without your personal information we may not be able to provide products or services to you in the standard you expect or at all. We may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products you have purchased or to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences.
Pseudonyms and anonymity: You have the discretion to use a pseudonym or remain anonymous when dealing with us. However, this may prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, particularly where you order goods which need to be delivered to your postal address.
Unsolicited information: We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
Minors: The site products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of 16 years. Minors wishing to purchase products or subscribe to our loyalty program may only do so under the supervision of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
How we collect your information
Generally, we collect your information directly from you through the following interactions:
- When you register with us by creating an account, or subscribe to our loyalty program;
- When you interact with us via social media;
- When you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services;
- When you sign up or use a service provided on our website, including a skin consult, MIME and MMM shade matching apps.
- When you leave a comment or review, upload information or complete a contact form contained on the website
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, contact us form, telephone, direct mail or any other means).
Disclosure of your personal information
We may provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. We may be required to disclose your information to other third parties including internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers; our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required; suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes.
Third party providers include but are not limited to; WordPress, Zuver Hosting based in Australia, Google Analytics, MailChimp, YouTube, Foundation shade matching Apps – MMM and MIME, courier services Sendle, Australia Post and DHL. Visitor comments may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a purpose, as outlined in “purpose of collecting your information”. We may also store your personal information outside of Australia. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also contact us to request removal from our mailing list or update your personal information by editing your online profile.
We may email you with messages about your order or account activity. For example, we may email you to tell you that: you’ve created a customer account; your customer account password has been reset or updated; you’ve made a purchase; your order has been shipped. These are not marketing emails. It’s not possible to unsubscribe from these messages. We share your contact information with WordPress and Mailchimp, so they can send these emails to you on our behalf.
Links and Embedded content from other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Security and how we hold your personal information
All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. Generally, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases, including computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. While no service is completely secure, we take reasonable steps, including implementing appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect your information, including to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
How long we retain your data
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted considering the purpose for which it was obtained.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically.
If you register an account on our website, we store the personal information provided in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If your information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
Your right to access and correct your information
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like to access your information please contact us via email [email protected] or through the contact information below. We will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail). We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed and we may charge a fee. If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others, we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Policy changes and updates
The Natives Co. Privacy Compliance Officer
PO Box 91, New Lambton NSW 2305 Australia
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 48 hours and will normally respond to your request within 21 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise. If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’). Contact details are available on the OAIC website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.