5 Skin Benefits of Using a Face Exfoliant
All-natural and organic face exfoliants or scrubs are essential in a holistic pro-ageing skincare regime. It’s fair to say these glow getters may have had a bad rap in the past thanks to mainstream brands using synthetic microbeads that bring havoc to our marine life, not to mention the abrasive and damaging micro tears to our delicate epidermis! By correctly using an all-natural exfoliator that is specially formulated to gently buff, polish and dissolve, these wonder products are a fast track to revitalising and restoring a bright and even glow. Read on for our guide to natural facial exfoliating.
Why should I exfoliate?
1. Promote Cellular Renewal to improve the look and texture of your complexion. Each day dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt and product build up on the surface of your skin. This build up can leave the complexion looking dull, dry and uneven in texture. A gentle exfoliator removes the build-up of these dead skin cells revealing new smoother skin that looks plump and healthy.
2. Help to keep your skin looking youthful. As we age the cellular renewal process slows dramatically. A gentle exfoliator helps to boost the natural skin rejuvenation process keeping the skin fresh and functioning at its optimum as we move through the decades. Regular exfoliation helps to stimulate collagen synthesis due to the repetition of the cell renewal process. And it doesn’t stop here. Exfoliating also boosts circulation and encourages lymphatic drainage, the stimulation encourages oxygen-rich blood to the skin’s surface, flushing toxins and boosting cellular health for tight and firm skin. As part of a pro-ageing regime, we recommend a gentle exfoliator as part of your weekly skincare regime.
3. The deep cleanse keeps spots at bay. Our range of facial exfoliators are formulated with clever fruit enzymes, natural acids and gentle ground plant matter that work to deep cleanse the pores. They work on a deeper level than your daily cleanser, removing and dissolving excess sebum, dirt, sweat and the build-up of pollution caused by outdoor living. This deep cleanse clears the pores and helps to keep blackheads, whiteheads and pimples at bay.
4. Help fade pigmentation, scars and spots. Consistent and diligent exfoliating supports the skin rejuvenation process aiding the breakdown of dry, dull and dead skin revealing a smoother, more uniform tone over time. Diligence in an exfoliating routine will lead to an improved appearance of hyperpigmentation, dark spots and acne scars.
5. Boost the efficacy of your skincare. Removing the dead skin cell layer weekly reveals new healthy skin cells and allows your serum and moisturiser to work as they are intended. Exfoliating ensures an optimum “base” for which your skin treatments can be layered for maximum efficacy.
How often should I exfoliate?
As a rule we recommend exfoliating once or twice a week for normal, combination and oily skin types and once a week for sensitive and dry skin types. It is important not to over-exfoliate as this can leave the skin inflamed and dry.
How to choose a natural face exfoliant.
The beauty of all-natural and organic face exfoliators is that they are multi-tasking and well suited to various skin types making them ideal to share with him! There are exfoliators suited to all our skin needs including those of us with delicate inflamed skin conditions. Here’s our guide to choosing the best natural face exfoliator for you.
Gentle enough to use everyday and ideal for sharing with him The Jojoba Company Jojoba Bead Cleanser is an effective deep cleanser with a creamy velvet texture. Infused with eco-friendly jojoba beads for manual exfoliation with Papaya enzymes and omega fatty acids for a brighter complexion. It’s ideal for those who like a deep daily cleanser, the jojoba seed oil base supports a soft and nourished skin barrier.
For skin needing a real boost and showing signs of environmental damage or hormonal spots and pigmentation, the Amala Brighten Refining Dual-Action Radiance Polish gently lifts skin-dulling debris for more even tone and texture. This exfoliator is brimming with pre + probiotics to boost the skin’s luminescence, while a high-impact source of BHA helps to accelerate cell turnover and clarifies the pores. We love this formula for its natural BHA that is just as effective as a synthetic BHA without the irritation and over-drying. The bio-active complexes in this formulation specifically target hyperpigmentation, post- blemish discoloration, dark spots and uneven tone.
For the ultimate in luxury and multi-tasking skincare, from Australian Owned LA FERVANCE is their NEW Gommage Extraordinaire. This unique exfoliant cream to oil to milk cleanse emulsion is a triple action wonder product. A refreshing exfoliant to gently stimulate cell renewal, a purifying treatment oil that combines the benefits of bamboo charcoal to refine pores and eliminate skin imperfections, and a 10-minute beauty flash mask that nourishes and brightens – this does it all!
Whether you are a morning person or a night owl, there’s never a bad time to exfoliate! Set aside a little time once or twice a week to keep your skin silky smooth and bright, for a glowing happy complexion.